HOUSE CLEANING TIPS AND TRICKS.
My dear Thinette
Living clean is the essence of one’s peronality. Everybody wants the look but no one wants to do the work. Today it is our task to find an acceptable cleaning routine you will feel comfortable with. To become the domestic Queen of your home we have to find the best house cleaning tips and tricks. A routine you will want to follow.
The magic trick is to clean as you go!
Never let dirt starts accumulating. Keep your hand on it, keep it clean. We will discuss a cleaning rouitine which will be easy to follow. Make it a habit and stick to.
During your stay at home growing up, all was done for you and you never noticed how it was done. Not knowing anything about house cleaning, will be a deal breaker in any relationship. You have to find your own step by step cleaning routine and healthy living lifestyle.
Finding a place of your own is very exciting my dear. Keeping it clean should become an impotant part of your habits. It must become a daily, early morning and last thing at night routine. Nothing feels as good as waking up in a tidy and clean home. IT SHOULD BE DONE!
THE CLEANER YOU LIVE THE LESS YOU HAVE TO CLEAN
MY SUGGESTED HOUSE CLEANING SCHEDULE
Think hard and then decide:
• Will I live in a clean tidy place where I feel confident receiving guests anytime day or night. Am I prepared to do what it takes to keep it that way
• Will I be content to live the lazy life in a pigsty, messy and smelly, enticing all cockroaches and rodents in the neighbourhood for a free meal.
Your choice my dear!
If you decide on the first option I have some sound advice making it easy, but if you choose the latter you are on your own and I really mean that. No friends will want to visit.
To take the negative out of house cleaning my darling, is having a daily and weekly routine. A monthly deep cleaning scedule is a topic for another letter. Keeping your place clean should be as important as breathing to life.
It is impossible to do it all at once, first we have to establish your daily and weekly routine.
Here is a proposed schedule to help you. This will be your routine whether you are staying on your own or with a partner. He or she will just have to join in and follow your routine, helping with some of the cleaning.
TIPS TO A CLEAN HOUSE
My daily cleaning routine
● Early morning
• When you get up, first thing to do is make your bed and fold your nighties, walk naked around tiding all things lying around. It is very liberating. Leave the room tidy before going to the bathroom to groom.
• When you are done in the bathroom, have a sponge and a bottle all purpose cleaner ready to clean and dry the basin, wipe the taps of the basin and the shower too. Put away all your make up, brushes and hairdryer.
Brush the toilet when done and last thing, add some cleaning liquid to the bowl of the toilet before you walk out. Get dressed, feeling satisfied the bedroom and bathroom are clean and tidy.
* Off to the kitchen. While the kettle is boiling, wipe it with a damp cloth. While waiting pack away last night’s clean dishes. Have some breakfast and enjoy your coffee. When done wash the bowl and mug cover with a tea cloth and leave to dry, no dirty dishes when you walk out.
Brush your teeth and when done, look in the mirror add your lipstick smile and say ” Hi Beautiful, have a great day”.
Take your handbag, container for lunchtime at work and walk out the door with a happy smile on your face. Remember to lock up.
Night time routine.
• Mmmmm getting home after a long day at the office, there is nothing so welcoming and rewarding as walking into a clean and tidy home! Kick off your shoes put your bag in the hallway, walk to your music centre and switch on you favourite music. Dancing and singing your way to the kitchen. Pour a glass of wine, come back slouch down in your favourite chair or couch, sit back and just relax. Close you eyes and just listen.
• Back to the kitchen, while preparing your food, have a sink full of nice warm soapy water and clean as you go, your utensils and bowls the whole lot. With a wet cloth and cleaner wipe the stove top clean after cooking and while it is still warm, no dirt and grim should be left. If you have used the oven, spray cleaner while it is still warm not hot and wipe it clean, it only takes a minute or two. Never leave the stove dirty. Next time you use it the dirt will get baked into the enamel getting very hard to .clean. After you have dished up, soak the pot or pan in the water before sitting down to eat.
• Enjoy your meal at a table setting, yes sometimes with a candle or flowers too and always music in the background. Never be in a hurry, enjoy what you do, it’s YOUR time. I know this is new to you but try it once in a while. When done wash you plate, the pot and your glass, no dirty dishes laying around. Pack your lunch for work. Enjoy your cup of coffee watching TV. Try not to bring home some office work.
• Before going to bed, have an empty decorated box or plastic container handy, walk around the room, picking up all the clutter and add to the box. Your empty mug, shoes, your handbag, some magazines everything not belonging in the room, carry it to the kitchen and wash the coffee mug, the rest go to your room. Freshen up the cushions, empty and clean ashtrays if you smoke in the house. Spray some refreshner, walking out satisfied with a song in your heart. Unpack the stuff from the box, putting all in it’s place before you shower and get ready for bed.
This will be your easy daily routine during the week as a working girl. Nothing is difficult or time consuming. Always do some cleaning while you wait. You will be amazed how much can be done while the kettle is boiling. MAKE IT A HABIT.
Never leave any dirt behind when moving on, that is what gives cleaning a bad reputation and makes it a chore. Keep it clean as you go, not just in the kitchen.
SATURDAY MORNING WEEKLY ROUTINE
Cleaning happens on a Saturday morning. All your friends should know you have a date with Home every Saterday morning. If they want you to join on a morning out over the week end, it has to be a Sunday morning. Saturday afternoon is free too.
GET UP WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND PUT ON THE MUSIC. With a cup of coffee in hand stand before the open window breathing in the fresh air and watch the birdies and all come alive.
LOOKING FORWARD TO TIDY AND CLEAN YOUR PRETTY LITTLE SPACE
Swaying and swinging happily while you do it … remember it is all in the mind.
Feed the negative and you will be grumpy!
First of all sort your clothes, separate the white clothes from the coloured, and wash separately. Treat dirty spots before adding to the machine. Put clean linen on your bed, take the dirty linen, towels and facecloths to the laundery. Start the washing machine with the first load, continue washing and hanging in between the cleaning, till all is done.
If you get up early and do the cleaning, the sooner it will be done. Your place will be smelling fresh and be sparkling clean.
WHERE DO I BEGIN
Now you have to decide how you are going to do your cleaning , test different ways, find the best for you and stick to it.
What’s needed for cleaning.
mop, and bucket
sturdy pair of cleaning gloves
toilet bowl cleaner with it’s own cloth
small wet cloth
soft dry cloth, best to use a micro fibre polishing and dust cloth.
scoop and little brush
The bathroom has it’s own spray bottle with all purpose cleaner. Add 2 lids full of detol or savlon to the mix. Keep the bottle in the cupboard in the bathroom.
After a shower, take your cleaning cloth hanging behind you in the corner, wipe the walls and taps dry. On a Saturday just make sure it is clean and pay attention to the soap dish, cleans it and underneath too.
Add some cleaning stuff to the sponge and scrub the inside with the scouring side till the basin is smooth and clean to the feel, scrub around the taps with the old toothbrush. Wipe the outside of the basin if visable. Check for hair blocking the drain of the basin and the shower, remove it and use the old toothbrush to clean the drains. Rinse and wipe dry with your small wet cloth, rinse frequently. Wipe the tiles around the basin too, and polish the mirror
Use an anti-septic cleaner for the toilet seat and bowl and use your gloves. The toilet has it’s own cleaning cloth, make it a different colour. Spay some cleaner on the wet cloth and wipe the seat and cover clean. Lift the seat and wipe clean underneath the seat in all corners. Brush the bowl clean, give attention to the rim where the water runs from, wipe that clean too. Make sure the water pipes and tap feeding the toilet with water at the back is free of dust. Rinse wipe all the surfaces darling.
Cupboards and mirror
Wipe the countertop, take off all make-up marks, wipe the cupboard doors and window sill and all latches with the cleaner. With the soft dry cloth you polish the taps and the mirror.
Mop the tiles on the floor, empty the dust bin and line again with a plastic bag. Lastly wipe the light switch plate at the door on your way out.
All bedrooms are the same.
Make your bed with clean linnen.
Put away all extra stuf on the bedside table, wipe with the damp cloth clean.
Dust the bedside lamp and books. Wipe the front of the drawers and headboard.
Dust the wardrope doors or the closet doors and the wooden skirtings on the floor with a damp duster.
Take each ornament and photo frame and clean them.
Wipe and dust all surfaces clean, remember the light switch plate.
Don’t forget the window sills, and blinds.
Shake the curtains while hanging.
Empty the dustbin and vacuum the carpet.
If there are tiles on the floor, vacuum the small carpets and put aside.
Lastly mop the floor, and put back the small carpets.
Spray refreshner and close the door.
LOUNGE AND PASSAGE
Take the cushions off the couch and shake. Clean the bottom of the couch and chairs with a brush to get out old stale bits of snacks, coins or whatever has slipped in there. fluff the cushions and put them back.
Dust the side tables and all ornaments.
Dust the pictures frames against the wall, the door and top of the door.
Wipe window sills, latches and blinds, shake the curtains.
Dust all tables or other furnitue in the room, do not forget the legs of the furniture. Dust the wooden skirtings on the floor too with the duster. Vacuum the carpets or mop the tiles on the floor.
(Time for a tea break.)
If you live clean my dear there is not much to do. With a wet cloth and cleaner spray the counter tops and wipe clean, removing the utensil and wipe behind them. Wipe the window sill too. Make sure the stove top is still clean and the oven too. Wipe with a vinegar cloth to eliminate all old oil smells.
Make sure the stove is spotless, wipe the tiles behind and around the stove, wipe and rinse wipe with your wet cloth. Rinse the wet cloth frequently. Wipe the cupboard doors giving attention to the handles. Dust on top of the cupboards and on top of the door, wipe the light switch plate too. Empty the dustbin and put a new lining in. Mop the floor.
Remember to sweep and clean the front entrance an door, as well as the step by your backdoor. Clean the mop, bucket, rinse the clothes and hang to dry, shake the duster clean, and put all away in your cupboard. Take out a clean set of tea towels and cleaning cloths. the used ones go to the washing basket.
Done with the cleaning for the day. Water the plants inside and at the front door.
Time for a nice long shower (Remember to wipe it dry and the taps too)
Off to town with your shopping list. Bringing back your supplies and tend to it. Separate and portion the meat, putting it in the freezer. Dress the veggies and add the milk to the refrigerator, putting the rest into your veggie shelf or cupboard.
When done with the putting away of your shopping, it is time to take the washing and linen off the lane. Neatly fold the things that do not need ironing and put away in the cupboard. Invest or hint for a steaming iron for your next birthday. Put your clothes that needs ironing on a hanger and steam them. Let it dry and hang back into the wardrope.
Done for the week Goreous! Congratiolations you have the neatest cleanest little nest in town. You can feel very proud of yourself! Pour yourself something cold and relax.
… and this my dear is the suggested routine. You can find your own routine but all should be done Lovely!
* What is important to you and how are you going to do it?
* What would you change and how?
Next time more on cleaning mixes.
Love you lots
Please follow and like us: