Have you lately heard someone say “Oh thank you very much, it was so kind of you!” How to be Kind to people is not an everyday practice.
Mostly people will just look and carry on with their business. I had such an experience in town the other day, and utter those words with the greatest gratitude.
How To Be Kind To Each Other
This is how it happened , my dear. Talking to someone I walked backwards and missed the step. Falling down, and the content of my bag spill all over.
A guy came from nowhere, reached out his hand, helped me to my feet, gathered all the items and assist me to the car carrying the bag. That was real-old-world behaviour, I was so grateful.
To be kind to someone, does not mean nice, but to be kind is a voluntary act of will?
There is a huge difference, my dear. Doing something for someone else with the sole benefit of their well-being is a true act of caring. No payment or favours in return, that is real Kindness.
How many people you know, will go out of their way to help and want nothing in return. It gives them pleasure to help, and it makes them happy at the same time.
It is not only acts that define a kind person, but it also means Respect. Be sensitive to others feelings. Be aware of the words you speak and the way you act.
Don’t do anything that will hurt people physically or emotionally.
- Being kind to someone is doing something for them to enhance their life. An act of sincerity from the heart.
Kindness is how we lift others up and makes them feel special … the act is all about them
- Being nice to someone is to treat people well and to be polite but could just be lip serves, a smile or empty words.
Being Nice is how we try to climb the social ladder and impress … all about you.
The Behaviour of Kind People
- Always think of others safety and comfort first.
- They are honest in all they do
- Respect all people and things
- Never take anything or anybody for granted
- Give praise when deserved
- To be generous and share easily
- Stay positive and always find a solution
- Be kind to their parents
- To gave a friendly nature and connect easily with strangers
Acts of Kindness
Remember it Costs Nothing
- Walk around in the Mall and smile at everybody
- Give someone a compliment on how they look
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru
- Let someone goes ahead of you in the line
- Buy extra at the grocery store and donate it to a food container.
- Buy flowers and hand it to someone at random
- Stop and help someone eg. to change a flat tire along the road
- Post sticky notes with validating or uplifting messages around for people to find, the notice board, Coffee and tea station and bathrooms.
- Compliment a colleague on their achievement
- Send an encouraging text to someone who feels down
- Bake something and then takes it to work for teatime.
- Let a car into the traffic ahead of you
- Wash someone else’s car, maybe the elderly neighbour.
- Take freshly baked cookies to new neighbours and introduce yourself
- Pay the bus fare of the person behind you in the queue.
Look around and always be aware, someone might need assistance or your help.
How to Identify a Kind Person in Public
- At restaurants, they are always polite to the waiters and they tip well. Give the waiters a compliment on their serves and the food.
- They are kind to cashiers and salespeople.
- Never raise their voices or be impatient.
- They do not criticize or discuss other people and their behaviour.
- Never forget to welcome a new neighbour with freshly-baked muffins, an old tradition, but long forgotten.
- Admit when they are wrong and apologizes easily.
- The way they talk about and to their parents says it all, they will always be respectful.
- Connect easily and compliment strangers. They have the confidence to start a conversation with a stranger.
How to be kind to each other, forms part of one’s character and personality. Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Respect is always shown by a kind person.
What can I do to become a Kind Person
- The easiest way is to start by smiling at strangers. It lifts your spirit and is anti-ageing. What better reason to be kind.
- Let someone in front of you in the shopping lane. If you are not in a hurry, let them be next.
- Help someone in need, maybe an elderly, take the trolley back, help them cross the road or handing someone your shoes, they might not have any.
- Bake cookies and share with a friend. Just drop by and give them a little parcel of surprise.
- Contact a long-lost friend. Go back down memory lane and send a neglected friend a message and reconnect again.
- Be polite, never forget your manners. Good manners are part of your character and define who you are. Earn respect for good manners.
- As a surprise leave some money somewhere for someone to find, or hand extra money to someone in need.
Pay for the items of the person behind you at the till. By the content of the basket, you will see if they will appreciate it.
The excitement this creates is contagious.
Health Benefits of Being Kind
It releases the feel-good hormone, endorphins creating neurotransmitters for a good mood.
Builds self-esteem and make you feel better about yourself.
The warm feeling you get releases oxytocin, known as a ‘cardioprotective’ hormone and is good for heart health.
When Oxytocin, also known as the ‘love’ hormone is released and help with establishing bonds in relationships.
It makes you feel you have accomplished something, it gave your life a purpose in your community.
Being kind makes you more relaxed, keeps you mentally stimulated with good deeds you can combat depression.
Most of all it makes you happy!
In this technology-driven society, it becomes so important to have and practise more warm kindness. We live in such a diverse world, and it is easy to be judgemental.
Kindness is the glue of tolerance to keep us grounded and together. We should look at each other with more caring eyes. Agree and accept to be different. Find a way to make the world a better place to live in, and support each other.
A person can be trained to be nice to other people but you cannot train a person to be kind.
Kindness comes from the heart, it means to be honest, truthful and respectful in all your actions. It has to come from within, to be kind to another.
Find yourself a Kind Man, my dear, and you will always be happy. Stay the wonderfully kind person you are.
Inspire, Motivate and Empower the Next Generation