Do you want to know more about articles, blogs and posts than most Newbies, my dear? Then keep reading.
Here you have 12 tips how to do it. It covers most of the important aspects to start this race on your front foot.
What is Blogging then Gran?
Blogging means, writing an article about your topic in WordPress and then publish it on your website. It is the showcase of your niche. The way you present your information to the public.
- To get the attention of visitors it is crucial. Have an eye-catching name and heading.
- Write good quality content that out-do the rest with lovely images to match and you will get noticed.
- Give your visitor a one-stop-have-it-all experience. Have detailed information on all aspects of this specific topic.
- Be honest and truthful in your attitude and information. Be consistent, this builds trust with your readers.
Preparing for your Article
When you have decided on a niche, make a list of subjects you can write about and post once a week. Every time you think of something interesting and relevant, add it to your list as a next topic.
For each Blogging post
- Decide on a topic
- Research your topic for this post on the Internet or elsewhere
- Search for popular Keywords in Jaaxy
- Select an attention-grabbing headline
- Start writing your amazing content with confidence, it should be dynamic
- Have a conclusion
- Lastly your name and a photo stating who you are
The Structure of your Article or Blog
How to Write Articles for your Website
- Gather your information with extensive research, pay especially attention to unique Keywords for the topic
- Write an introduction, explaining the subject and in detail how this post can enhance your visitor’s life
- Make your paragraphs maximum three or four sentences, not longer. People see your site as more approachable when there are open spaces and not a block of info. It is easier to read
- Avoid long sentences, each should be less than 20 words. Yes, count them my dear, and restructure your sentence to fit the criteria
- Divide your content into five or more subdivisions or paragraphs with headings.
- Use bullet points to organize the info, it makes it easier to understand
- Lastly, there should be a Conclusion. It is a little summary, rounding the post off, and then offer the solution, a CTA to buy something, Call To Action.
Blogging and Keywords
Keywords are the words and phrases people use when searching for information. Google robots crawl all the sites on the lookout for keywords explaining the website’s content, it selects the most popular words on a subject.
Store it in its “Library” and then go and fetch it to present it to the person searching. It is those words or phrases you select on Jaaxy, to write your blog. It shows you which words to use in your writing to make your website popular.
Importance of Keywords for your Article
What does blogging with keywords mean?
It is essential keywords explaining what your post is about. This is the way people search the Internet for information and then find your blog via these explanatory keywords.
With the topic you have chosen, comes certain keywords that describe the essence of your content.
In WA they teach you about low hanging fruits, meaning keywords not so popular but precisely spot-on to get your info out there. Use your keyword a few times in your content.
Use the correct keywords to write honest helpful information. It will earn the trust of the visitors.
Google registers your content as good and valuable. The keywords and quality information give you a higher ranking.
Search Tool for Keywords
There are tools or apps helping to present a blogger with the most used keywords. It is therefore important to find the words popular to your topic.
WEALTHY AFFILIATE [WA] has one of the best tools to help find popular keywords, by the name of JAAXY. You can join for free.
It assists in finding the words describing your niche. Keyword search tools on the Internet are Uber Suggest of Neil Patel and Google has an excellent keyword tool in Google Keyword Planner that you can try.
Here is an example of the keyword search tool, Jaaxy. Give it a try and find your own keywords! See how it works,
Finding the right Keywords are key to your success.
Where do I get my Information from?
- Search your topic wide on Google and the other search engines like Yahoo and Bing for your information.
- See what your competition do. Read their blogs, analyze and see what and how they are presenting it. Get some good ideas, rewrite it to enhance your site.
- The knowledge you have gained with your interest, hobby or sports activity can also help you write good personal content.
- Write your own experienced opinions in reviews on items or topics you are familiar with and use examples.
- Do some thorough research on the Internet, in-depth. Search up to 3 levels deep.
- Make sure it is the truth, cross-examine and when in doubt rather leave it.
- A hint from one of the gurus is to read all the top pages on page one of Google. Take hints from them and assemble your own article with the best information combined.
- Never copy and paste someone else’s information, or copy it word for word. It is illegal. The robots pick it up, disqualify your site and you will be known as a fraud.
- Go to a bookstore like Amazon, or one down the street and search for books on your topic. Read the introduction and index, there are many times good interesting points you might use and research them before writing.
- Magazines and Newspapers also have the information you can use to expand your knowledge and then apply it.
- All the content you write must be original and Your Own Writing.
How to write articles for your website?
Top 12 Tips writing and Article
- No one will know your website it there if there is nothing on it. Therefore, it is important to put the effort in to write the best quality content you can and with that, catch the eye of the search engines and the visitors.
- Find an interesting opening statement that will grab their attention and want to read more
- It normally takes your reader just a few seconds to stay on your site or go.
- Statistics found that 80% of people will read your headline but only 20% will continue to read the content.
- The main aim is to build trust with your visitors. Never post false information or misleading content. Once they have detected it, your reputation is ruined and you can close business.
- When writing, talk to one person, have a one on one conversation in your blog. Tell a short story as part of the content, make it interesting and knowledgeable. Make your reader feel special, your info should enhance their lives, so they want to come back.
- Internal Links are links to other articles on your website to make them stay longer. Focus on bringing a solution to a problem.
- External Links are links to websites like Wikipedia for outside information.
- Write articles and post them consistently every week, on the same day. Your visitors get used to a routine and will make it part of theirs too to come and visit.
- Post relevant images on your blog, but you can not just post any picture you like. Most pictures have copyrights. There are sites that have wonderful free pictures for Bloggers. Pixabay.com is such a site.
- After a few weeks, go back and renew your content. Be active on your site, reply to all comments, and answer questions.
- Share your posts or articles on your social media accounts, don’t underestimate this aspect, my dear.
The Last Say
What is a successful article then Gran?
When an article ends and you feel you want to read and know more, it is not adequate or successful. Rather over deliver.
Tell your reader more about a product or emotion than they have asked for. Let them feel they have read something they did not know. This my dear, are some of the secrets of successful blogging.
Many happy hours of writing my love.
How to Build Your Own Website for Free with Wealthy Affiliate
This is Letter 4 in a series for beginners to help understand the process of building your own Money Making website
- Best Internet Home Business
- How to Create Your Own Website
- What is a Niche and a Domain
- How to Write Articles for Your Website
- What is Customer-driven Marketing
Inspire, Motivate and Empower the Next Generation